Here are several sweet treats we talked about this evening:
Walnut Maple Cookies (from Nedley text)
2 ½ cups walnuts ground in food processor
2/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 tsp salt
1/3 cup flaxseed meal
1/3 cup carob chips
½ cup + 2 T. maple syrup
2 t. vanilla
1. In a small bowl add all the ingredients in the given order. Mix well.
2. Spray a large cookie sheet and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
3. Drop dough on cookie sheet with a spoon and flatten with a fork.
4. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown, checking often to prevent burning.
5. Let cool before removing from the cookie sheet. Makes one dozen.
Flax and Chia Healthy Snack
2 cups oats 1 cup peanut butter
1 cup ground flax seed 1/2 cup honey
2 T. chia seeds 2 tsp vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips
Mix together and roll in balls or put in a 9 x 13 pan and flatten.
Keep in the refrigerator or can freeze.
Flaxseed Spread (from Nedley
1/4 c ground flaxseed
1/4 c finely chopped walnuts
1 T. date sugar
1/8 t. salt
Mix and serve with apples or over toast--whatever way you find it tasty.