Updated: Jan 21
Here are several sweet treats we talked about this evening:
Walnut Maple Cookies (from Nedley text)
2 ½ cups walnuts ground in food processor
2/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 tsp salt
1/3 cup flaxseed meal
1/3 cup carob chips
½ cup + 2 T. maple syrup
2 t. vanilla
1. In a small bowl add all the ingredients in the given order. Mix well.
2. Spray a large cookie sheet and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
3. Drop dough on cookie sheet with a spoon and flatten with a fork.
4. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown, checking often to prevent burning.
5. Let cool before removing from the cookie sheet. Makes one dozen.
Flax & Chia Peanut Butter Balls
2 cups oats 1 cup peanut butter
1 cup ground flax seed 1/2 cup honey
2 T. chia seeds 2 tsp vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips
Mix together and roll in balls or put in a 9 x 13 pan and flatten.
Keep in the refrigerator or can freeze.
Flaxseed Spread (from Nedley
1/4 c ground flaxseed
1/4 c finely chopped walnuts
1 T. date sugar
1/8 t. salt
Mix and serve with apples or over toast--whatever way you find it tasty.